Heating and Cooling Systems Shouldn’t be an Afterthought
When your clients are designing their dream home, they are looking for the perfect oasis. It has to look good, but it must also be comfortable to live in and the energy bills must be affordable.
The last thing they want is to discover problems with the heating and cooling after they move in, and to have to fight with a contractor who didn’t do it right the first time. The last thing you want is to have problems like this come up after the contract is complete, costing you customer satisfaction and important referrals.
ATEL Air provides complete HVAC design services for custom home builds. We can design the perfect heating, cooling system so that it actually works:
- Every room will be a consistent temperature, including the second floor.
- The system is guaranteed to be whisper quiet.
- Indoor air will be clean, fresh, and the proper humidity level year-round.
There will be no wood shrinkage or sweaty windows in winter. In summer, the air will have a pleasing feel, not that cold and clammy quality that you find in so many homes.
Find out more about our expertise and our services. Our quotes are provided free of charge and you will never feel pressured to buy before you’re ready.
Our HVAC Design Services
ATEL Air is fully qualified to design heating, cooling and ventilation systems for any residential or commercial building. In fact, we are often called in to troubleshoot systems improperly designed by other firms.
We offer complete HVAC system design, installation, testing, and balancing services:
- Permits: energy efficiency designs and ventilation reports.
- Heat loss and gain calculations to select proper sized equipment.
- Duct designs for whisper quiet air flow and even temperatures in ALL rooms- never have to turn up the TV when the furnace comes on!
- Air balancing for ventilation flow rates as well as whole ductwork systems.
- In-floor radiant loop heating design (we can also do snow melt systems for walkways, poolsides and driveways on request).
- Troubleshooting existing systems and improvements recommendations.
- Solutions for maximum energy efficiency, like geothermal, available. Systems like these can reduce your carbon footprint and provide incredible energy savings for the lifetime of the home.
- Recommendations for people with allergies or asthma.
- Guidance in taking advantage of any available rebates.
- Complete walkthrough with tutorials to explain to the homeowner how the system works, and how to make adjustments properly. We’re able to translate our expertise into layperson’s terms that are easy for anyone to understand. We also provide the homeowner with adjustment secrets from the trade that you definitely won’t find on Google.
From beginning to end, you and your clients are kept fully informed of the process and what to expect. We make ourselves available should any questions come up after installation as well.
HVAC Design is a Science
As we all know, heat rises. What most contractors don’t understand is that it takes a significant amount of airflow to redistribute that heat so an entire home is warm in winter, and nice and cool in summer. If the ductwork isn’t large enough, you simply can’t get enough airflow to create an even temperature.
The more extreme the temperature, the more difficult it is to provide the needed airflow. The typical problem we see in summer is second floor bedrooms that are so hot in the summer that the home owners end up sleeping downstairs.
The other problem we often see is noisy HVAC systems. If it’s louder than a whisper there’s something wrong – and you definitely shouldn’t have to turn up the TV when the system turns on.
Our experience is grounded not only in single-family homes, but in multi-unit residential buildings, shopping malls, schools, and other commercial buildings. Our system designer, Jimmie Thom, has been designing HVAC systems since 1984. You can learn more about Jimmie’s qualifications here and view our accreditations here.
- We know what we’re doing and prefer to do it right the first time.
- Without testing you are only guessing. That’s why EVERY system ATEL Air installs gets tested to ensure it is working as the manufacturer intends. This saves you energy costs for the lifetime of the system, extends the lifespan of the system, and ensures homeowners are comfortable with the new system.
- We can explain things so anyone can understand.
- When we say we’ll do something, we actually do it.
Our guarantee to you: if your system does not work as designed, we will fix it for free. If you’re looking for an HVAC contractor who won’t cut corners or spin fairy tales, you’ve come to the right place.